Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Idea to Help Seniors

Here's an idea for IT 'Enthusiasts', IT Pros w/ some spare time or retired IT Pros & Consultants. I am doing this & maybe others have not thought of it...

Volunteer your time & services to your local 'old folks homes'. Many of the residents don't have a lot of money (we usually charge a healthy fee) but, they may need & appreciate help w/ their machines or software and often they, certainly, could use some education or instruction. I offer 1-on-1 or small group scenarios.

Anyway, just a thought or suggestion some of you might care to entertain.

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Lounge VIP
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I already do Drew. Not for seniors, but at the other end of the age range.

I've been involved in helping with IT awareness seminars and sessions with primary schools for some time. (Primary Schools in Scotland cater for children aged 5 to 11). The seminars and sessions are not limited to the children but also to the parents too. Many parents of young children are almost too embarrassed to ask questions about how to secure their systems to prevent little Johnny or Janet from coming into harm's way...they often have very little idea where to start.

Having had the pleasure of watching my own daughters pass through their early years at school, it's my way of putting something back into the education system by way of a "thank you".

So, yes a big thumbs up to anyone who can volunteer a few hours here and there to help those who, regardless of age, could do with a little help with IT.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Right on, 'TT', that's brilliant!! Good on you, mate!!

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg