5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unwanted Automatic Scrolling On Home Page

Whenever I open my Home Page (http://uk.msn.com/) in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (IE 9) or Windows 8 Pro 64 bit (IE 10) the scroll bar constantly moves up to the top of the page, which is very annoying and time wasting. How do I stop this behaviour? (It does not happen on other web pages).

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had the same problem with IE 9 on my yahoo home page. You read a article and hit the back button and instead of sending you back to the same place you were it takes you to the top of the page.
    Since I installed the preview of IE 10 it seems to have gotten worse. I am starting to see it on other web pages besides Yahoo.
    I checked all the settings and don't see anything obvious that would apply.
    Barry

Thanks
    Yes, I have had that happen numerous times using IE9..

I may be wrong, but I think it's in the coding of the website that causes that to happen...

You can try contacting the webmaster of the site and ask them.

Kinda like the auto refresh that the Drudge Report uses that really can drive you nuts...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I added my home page to the compatibility view settings, and that solved the problem. I hope this helps others with the same problem.
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread