Thanks

Windows 8 apps are installed/uninstalled on a per user basis only

See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-f04e8905943a

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../hh464929.aspx

Users acquire your app from the Windows Store as an app package. Windows uses information in an app package to install the app on a per-user basis, and ensure that all traces of the app are gone from the device after all users who installed the app uninstall it.

Windows installs and registers the app for the user who purchased it... When a user uninstalls your app, Windows removes the app only for that user. Application data for the app is also removed from the computer on a per-user basis. If multiple users have installed your app, all users must uninstall the app before it is removed from the computer.

Fun for the whole family!
    Later on in the message thread, it is noted that you don't need multiple licenses, but computer management of multiple user install/uninstall can become difficult. maybe Revo will develop an uninstall program that will handle this somehow.

And this is the future as Microsoft sees it. Long live the desktop......

Jerry

Thanks
    There is no way my old mind can comprehend this. I guess we will all have to go to law school.

I think that this means with multiple users on one PC, all users can install an app purchased by one user. The app will remain on the PC until the last user who installed it uninstalls it, even if the person who purchased the app uninstalls it first (or before the last person does).

Whewwww!!! My brain hurts!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    ...either that, or install it to a general-purpose account that everyone has access to.