New Lounger
    Thanks

Dual-Core CPU Usage

My system and boot times have been getting slower. Before I go into further diagnosing with the various start-up items, I have a question regarding CPU usage. When I observe CPU usage with Free Extended Task Manager, I noticed that there is quite a difference in the CPU usage of each core. The second core operates at one half to one third the usage of the other core. Is this normal and could this reduce performance?

The CPU is an Intel dual core running Win XP Sp3.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is quite normal as the system only uses the cores it needs to save power and heat. It also tries to balance out the load of all cores for same reason. If heavy usage requires it it will use all cores.It will not affect peformance as it does this.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousclive For This Useful Post:

walt007 (2012-10-25)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. I guess I have to go with checking the various start-up items.

Thanks
    Rule #1: the more 3rd party 'uilities' you run, the worse your perceived performance is likely to be.