New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Explorer & Document Folders

I have an XP PRo installation on a home network with a few other machines running W2K and 98SE. This is less a problem than a minor irritation, but whenever I open Windows Explorer on the XP machine, the Drive and Folder pane on the left always includes links to the My Documents folders for all users registered on the XP machine. Since these in fact point to folders on another machine, the process takes rather longer than I am comfortable with. Does anybody know of a way to change this? Can I prevent Explorer from displaying the My Documents folders? Here's an attached pic of what I mean.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer & Document Folders

There is no picture attached; anyway, you can close Tasks pane on the left choosing Tools | Folder Options | General; in the Tasks section check Use Windows classic folders, Apply/OK.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer & Document Folders

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I botched the attached pic - I obviously don't know to insert it into a post. Any help there, please? I have the pic on disk. Anyway, I already have Classic Windows folders as my default option. My problem is that the Folder pane keeps on refreshing, and taking ages to do so because it is scanning the network every time to display the entry for every user's My Documents folder. This is behaviour which as far as I can determine is unique to XP and not 2k or 98. And sorry if I am just being ignorant.