Banned Member
    Thanks

Exclamation Display Driver Finally Updates!!

Even though I had long ago grabbed the driver from NVidia for Windows8, I would get "Display driver has stopped working & restarted". Each time I would, naturally, logically, check for Display Driver Update only to be told the "latest, most up to date was, already, installed". Today, it did it again BUT, this time, I'm happy to say & inform others, it DID find & install new driver software. Ergo, those w/ NVidia cards might want & be wise to check this, now, for yourselves.

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Thanks
    I posted the web sites for AMD, NVidia and Intel yesterday with the latest drivers. If anyone is still having problems with the default drivers they should try these drivers.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Sorry, Ted, I have to admit I hadn't noticed you, already, had put this info in this site. I did notice it was in another Win8 Forum.

And, people can, also, let the OS find, DL & install the updated drivers & software by itself for them through Device Manager.

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Thanks
    Its normally safer to get the drivers directly from the vendor. Getting driver updates from Microsoft usually works but they have been know to select the wrong driver and are seldom up to date on the latest driver.

Jerry

Thanks
    I have also found that quite often the drivers certified and made available by MS on WU are somewhat behind the latest available drivers from the manufacturer. There has always been a caveat on installing new driver, especially graphics drivers, if the drivers you have are working fine, think hard about whether you need new drivers. I have seen graphics drivers break things. "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Banned Member
    Thanks
    In this case was needed for a while & I'm glad to finally have it updated. It comes as no surprise for such things to surface as the final release (date) arrives. And, in this case, it was, in a manner of speaking, 'broke'. I doubt I'll see the vid stop working & restart, now.

However, I do agree if it's that stuff that tells people they have a million things amiss w/ a huge array of drivers & need this, that or the other thing when they may not need any of it.

NVidia just released this yesterday.

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    I have also found that quite often the drivers certified and made available by MS on WU are somewhat behind the latest available drivers from the manufacturer.
    One type of driver which is very good to install via Windows Update is a NIC driver. If you have no clue which driver to use for your internal NIC, install a temporary NIC, do a Windows Update, and see if your internal NIC's driver is listed. That will probably fix your internal NIC.

This has worked for me many times.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    And as I've indicated using Device Manager & Update Driver works completely for this video driver/software mentioned in the OP

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg