Thread: Problems

New Lounger
    Thanks

Problems

Hi - I'm hoping for help with a few problems.

I'm designing a database to run a medical inpatient list.

First problem:
    When someone is entered on to the inpatient sheet (currently labelled sheet 1) - I would like a duplicate copy made on sheet 2 which I can have some additonal fields (for research data) on which aren't needed on a day to day basis.

Second problem:
    When somefields are filled in on sheet 1 (for example the microbiology fields which are currently columns AY/AZ/BA) I would like the duplicate versions of these fields on sheet 2 (see above problem) to be timestamped e.g to say field was filled in at such and such a time. - the timestamp could easily go in to an additional column on sheet 2

Third problem:
    When someone is discharged I would like them to be deleted from the current inpatient sheets (sheet 1 and sheet 2) and I would like the data from sheet 2 copied over to a third sheet which will be used to maintain a list of discharged patients on it.

Any help people can give with any or all of these problems would be much appreciated.
    The columns used might change so if when giving explanations you could highlight the fields in any code that I would need to adjust when the columns change that would be really handy.

If you need any more explanations then do please let me know.

Many thanks,

Michael
    Attached Files Attached Files

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This would require a series of macros to do the work and it's really quite a task.
    Personally I would use a proper database and web front end, then the data remains in tact and you can manipulate it as required.
    Alternatively, you can probably find a patient database ready made that is either free or low cost - a web search throws up plenty of possibilities.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the initial input - sorry for the slow reply; I've been on-call in the hospital all weekend. I'm sitting down with the consultant I am working on the project with today so hopefully should be able to give some constructive feedback later today/tomorrow.

Apologies again for the slow reply,

Michael