3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Thanks

Installing devices or not

Last week I unplugged a wireless Logitech mouse and plugged in a logitech track-ball mouse that I had used before, I got the device driver install window and after a bit it said install was unsucessful, but mouse was working as it should. After a couple days I swapped back to the wireless mouse and had the same results all was working as it should.

Yesterday I plugged in a new Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 USB flash drive in, I got the installing new device driver info window and after a bit it tells me that it was unsucessful but it also was working. Unplugged another flash drive and plugged it back in just to check it and it did the same. Any ideas.

Thanks
    Have you tried different USB ports? I wonder if you are having a problem with that port.

You could delete the controllers in Device Manager, reboot and have Windows reinstall those devices.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Yes on the different port I am working with a 7 port device but I tried plugging directly into PC and it has the same end result.

Now when I checked the device manager it says the devices are all working properly.

Ok, for whatever reason it appears the problem is with something called the Logitech download assistant. Now in windows update there is an optional update for the Download assistant but it keeps failing when I try the update.

Good news is my flash drives are all installed I did a reboot and it's only the Logitech mouse that is doing the drive failure thing.

So next step when in device manager I don't have a delete choice just disable or uninstall, I'm gonna assume I should try the install but will wait for an answer.
    Last edited by Not Brightest Bulb; 2012-10-27 at 07:20.

Thanks
    On the Logitech device, did you install the Setpoint S/W? Get this directly from Logitech. It's working fine for me.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Ok I downloaded setpoint650_x64, my OS is Windows 7 64 bit. I am gonna do a system restore and then do the install. Anything else I'm missing.

Thanks
    Well I did get the Setpoint S/W downloaded and the good news it installed properly (I guess) the mouse etc all working and I did some new settings on mouse that worked fine. The bad news is that windows says the driver is not installed so I am at a loss.