Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving setting from old computer to new question??

I am building a new computer and want to keep all of my current settings if possible. When I switch from the one computer to the other I want to keep my firefox settings, ie settings, chrome settings, and outlook settings. I would also like to keep the recent items in my taskbar for the programs that are there if possible. Would anyone care to help or lead me in the right direction as to how to save all the settings I have for that? Thanks very much.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    From what operating system are you migrating from and what operating system are you migrating to?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows Easy Transfer is quite remarkably easy to use, over a USB cable, or over a simple network, and deals with all Microsoft settings, Outlook, MS Office templates, spelling dictionaries, autocorrect lists. Firefox was not so easy, but I have found that it can be a good idea to re-create my user profile from time to time.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Transferring settings from Firefox or Thunderbird is trivial using MozBackup (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/download.php)