3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Thanks

Won't/can't install mouse driver

Logitech Performance MX mouse works fine, but when I bootup I get the install driver and then failure to install driver window. I downloaded latest software and it installed properly but no change.

As I said the mouse itself is working fine, I can reprogram buttons etc with no problems mouse purchased new 10/12 and this just started a couple weeks ago. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    You might try to completely delete all the Logitech stuff and start over. It appears that somehow a reinstall bit got set somewhere. Use Revo Uninstall in advanced mode to clear the left overs after Revo uninstalls the app, then CCleaner registry cleaner to find any more.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I did the Revo uninstall last night and I used an App (Ace Utilities) to do the register clean. It actually improved as when hitting the mouse settings the MX performance mouse picture showed where before it could not find it.

Question, I use Outpost firewall Pro and when I tried to install the Logitech software (twice) it failed, so on 3rd attempt I shut down internet and firewall and the install was completed. Is this something to do regularly when installing new apps.

Thanks
    Generally security apps can cause problems but don't. If there is an alternative to download the installation file to your PC, then disconnect from the internet and turn off security S/W, that would not hurt your successful installation chances. Each setup is different so it's difficult to say positively that your installation was affected by the firewall.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Each setup is different so it's difficult to say positively that your installation was affected by the firewall.
    Ain't that the truth.

I've never used ccleaner, is the free good or would you suggest paid version.

Thanks
    I have never tried the paid version. Generally I use just the cleaning portion, but when I uninstall an app I will use the registry portion to find any leftovers. Be very careful with the registry cleaning. If you don't know what it is, leave it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    I have never tried the paid version. Generally I use just the cleaning portion, but when I uninstall an app I will use the registry portion to find any leftovers. Be very careful with the registry cleaning. If you don't know what it is, leave it.
    I downloaded CCleaner Beginners Guide and have been browsing through it and the guide says that when you do a registry check there will be many issues to fix when the analyzing gets done. He says instead of going through them he usually just selects all and does the removal. Well he is a much braver soul than I am, there is no way I go that direction. Thank you for the info so far.

Thanks
    You are always asked if you wish to create a backup before the cleaning in the registry.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Next chapter:

Logitech MX Performance Wireless Mouse with 9 programmable buttons. All buttons are programmed as I want (not defaults) and are working properly. The problem is when I boot up I get the install device and then the install failed windows. Question is how can the mouse work properly with no driver, is the not installing harming anything if I just ignore it. Any ideas. Below is the error/problem that comes up.

This morning I plugged in a Logitech 705 that did not install but then I did a reboot and it was fine.
    Yesterday my action ctr had the error/problem below that comes up when I stumbled through the self help stuff (and I do mean stumble)

Source
    Driver software installation
    Summary
    Could not install driver software for device
    Date
    ‎10/‎30/‎2012 7:35 PM
    Status
    Not reported
    Description
    Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your USB Receiver
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
    Architecture: x64
    Win32 error: 0000015E
    Inf name: lfeqdusb.inf
    Driver Package hash: cb4e73c682c79e4f9108130062870f5d2b31d2b0
    DDInstall section name: HidInst
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Thanks
    One thing I notice is that your architecture is x64 (64 bit), but you are getting a Win32 (32-bit) error.

If your driver is 32-bit, it won't work with a 64-bit version of Windows.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    One thing I notice is that your architecture is x64 (64 bit), but you are getting a Win32 (32-bit) error.

If your driver is 32-bit, it won't work with a 64-bit version of Windows.
    Well I got to assume the driver has to be installed because the mouse is working. The latest softare (setpoint650_x64) after the install found the mouse and as I said it's working properly. I'm confused but that's nothing new.

I did get a guy out today and at least he stopped the annoying popups and said there may be something glitchy going on with the USB hub I'm using. Actually he was a tad confused.