New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 2007 - PERSONAL.xlsm project locked

I am using Excel 2007. I have 2 macros in my PERSONAL.xlsm. I have had them there for awhile, and they have worked with no problem. I want to modify one of the macros; but when I try to open the module in the VBA editor, I get the message "Project Locked - Project is Unviewable."

Can you tell me what is going on and how to correct the situation?

Thanks!!

Garry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I kept trying different things. I finally shared the PERSONAL.xlsm file and then unshared it. Now it's working as it should!

Thanks
    Granted,the macros have been working fine but is this the first time you you ever attampted to modify them? Did you by chance attempt to open it in a different version of Excel than what they had been created in? Try resaving the spreadsheet as a 2007 Macro Enabled spreadsheet and see if the problem persists.

HTH,
    Maud

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Garry,

I have the same problem on the file that I have downloaded from the internet last week. Unfortunately after reading and doing all the possible solutions over the internet, I failed to solve it. Until I found a website 3 days ago, offering a service which unlocks the vba even if it is unviewable, and they manage to open the vba for me. This is the website http://gmconsult.wikidot.com/excellock. The bad thing is you need to pay for that service.
    Until now, I am still frustrated looking for other solutions because I'm wondering how they manage to solve it.

Regards,
    Jay

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Maud,

Yes, this was the first time that I tried to modify the macros. I created the Personal.xlsb in Excel 2007. Do you know whether saving it as an .xlsb file gives different results from saving it as an .xlsm?

Best,
    Garry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jay,

I had searched the web also. I didn't come across the site that you mentioned though. It looks as though I've solved my problem so I don't have to pay for a solution, thank God!

Best,
    Garry