5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Getting to know Windows 8's File Explorer

WINDOWS 8

Getting to know Windows 8's File Explorer

By Lincoln Spector

In the great divide between those who like Windows 8 and those who don't, I confess I fall into the latter.
    But I do like the operating system's File Explorer — it's one piece of Win8 that really is an improvement on earlier versions.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/windows-8/getting-to-know-windows-8-s-file-explorer/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2012-11-07 at 13:54.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Atkins View Post
    The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/windows-8/getting-to-know-windows-8-s-file-explorer/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).
    Error 404 - Page Not Found

The Windows Secrets page does not exist or is not found. You did not do anything wrong.
    The page you're looking for is missing, deleted or has been removed.

Correct link: https://windowssecrets.com/windows-8...file-explorer/

Thanks
    Thanks Bruce, original link has been fixed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Saw your PC World article on why not to upgrade, along with the other side of the discussion, why you should upgrade, by Lloyd Case of PC World. Both sides should be read by folks still sitting on the fence.

File management is critical for me, as I have many external drives and partitions. Keeping track and efficiently transferring files, large and small, grouped or in entire trees of structure, is one great time saver for me when I archive or sync data backups. Windows 8 does this task so well that this is one of three or four reasons which are reason enough to upgrade, without any additional prompting.

But the Under the Hood improvements are additional and in some cases important changes which should prompt consumers and businesses to consider upgrading. Storage Spaces is an especially attractive feature.

I don't spend much time in the GUI Formerly Known As Metro, so I don't care about that little monster. On the Legacy Desktop, this is one swift and efficient OS, with a small hardware and hard drive footprint. Less OS overhead means for me more room to play with in streaming videos, having multiple full-scale applications open, more or more intensive browser windows open at once, etc.

But the UI is different from Windows 7, even on the Desktop. It will take some getting used to.
    Last edited by bobprimak; 2012-11-02 at 08:25.
    -- Bob Primak --