New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Windows 8, want to recover to system image of Windows 7?? PLZZZZ HELP!!!!

Hi all, I really need big help.

I have a system image on an ext HD of Windows 7, just before I upgraded to Windows 8.

I hate Windows 8 for some reason, I just don't like it.

But I want to restore my computer back to Windows 7 (from that system image)

I can't seem to find where I can do this. knew how to do it on W7 but I'm lost on this new OS.

I feel Windows has become too much and I don't feel it's a nice experience while using it. Just a personal opinion

Thank you to all who responds!

Thanks
    Jack, Welcome to the Lounge.

How did you make the Image, what app? Did you burn a System rescue disk for whatever app you used to create the Image?

For example I use Acronis TIH 2013 to create my Images. I however did burn an Acronis Rescue disk which allows me to boot to Acronis and restore my Rescue disk, even if my PC will not boot.

If you used Win 7 Backup and Restore to create an Image, then you need a Win 7 Rescue disk (I believe, I did not use the Win 7 app as it was too basic and finicky for me) to boot to. An installation disk might work as well. Something that allows you to choose Repair My PC when you boot to the disk. Once you choose to repair, one of the options is restore to an Image previously created or something like that.

Good luck, I hope this works for you.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    Jack, Welcome to the Lounge.

How did you make the Image, what app? Did you burn a System rescue disk for whatever app you used to create the Image?

For example I use Acronis TIH 2013 to create my Images. I however did burn an Acronis Rescue disk which allows me to boot to Acronis and restore my Rescue disk, even if my PC will not boot.

If you used Win 7 Backup and Restore to create an Image, then you need a Win 7 Rescue disk (I believe, I did not use the Win 7 app as it was too basic and finicky for me) to boot to. An installation disk might work as well. Something that allows you to choose Repair My PC when you boot to the disk. Once you choose to repair, one of the options is restore to an Image previously created or something like that.

Good luck, I hope this works for you.
    Hi, thank you

I just created the system image in control panel. I wasn't aware of any apps that I could to create system images.

I found where I can restore to a system image on Windows 8 but it's telling me that I can't restore to an older version of Windows, that it must be the same version of windows.

I do have a recovery disk that I created in control panel also.

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks
    You must be talking about Backup and Restore. If so pop the Recovery Disk in, connect the media containing the back up Image, boot to the Recovery Disk. There should be an option to repair your computer. When you open the Recovery Console, one of the options is Restore an image previously created. Try this. It's worth trying.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I found this, hope it's of some use to you:
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

It seems an extremely complicated procedure. You need to follow a chain of several links from that page to discover how to do all the preparatory stages.

Thanks
    I am not sure this procedure in Win 8 will restore a copy of Win 7 to your PC. And yes it does look complicated.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted