New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 8 vs ubuntu 12.10?

http://techdigy.com/2012/10/27/ubunt...ltimate-guide/
    Ubuntu's drive accesss speeds are faster but Windows 8 boot time is. Is this because of Ubuntu EXT drive format? and does this mean ubuntu will be faster while initialized?

Thanks
    Not at all sure, but Linux will never displace Win 8 Pro, sorry. For most people Linux is just too geeky. I did not find it user friendly at all except to expert users. For many, the changes in Win 8 (yes there is definitely a learning curve) will be overcome quite easily by reading the loads of material in forums and magazines. I have no idea how many downloads there have been so far, but after 4 days there were over 4 million. That number does not include DVD sales and new PC sales.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I mean I don't know if Windows 8 is right for me. I switched to it and now im back on Windows 7. See I don't game or do any advanced stuff. I mean I do from while to while but thought that WINE, the Windows emulator for Linux, might be able to handle that. I guess my hopes got up when I saw an article on TechCrunch that Dell will be shipping many PC's with Ubuntu now. but hey I see that your using Windows 8 and you look like a pro... what do you think of it?

Thanks
    I love Win 8 Pro, but I have been using it for a while. I did write a simple tutorial for getting started. This will get you started. Read a few of the other tips and tricks shown here and you will also be a Win 8 expert. It just takes a little work to get things set up the way you want them. Don't let Windows rule you, you rule Windows! That is the nice thing about Windows, you can customize to your hearts content.

I found customizing Windows 8 much easier than trying to use Linux in any variety.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Haha @ "Don't let Windows rule you, you rule Windows! " Yeah kinda true. I think it might be the way to go. The learning curve was what hit me most.