New Lounger
    Thanks

Can I: landscape, two columns, duplicate watermarks, duplicate text?

I am making info sheets on cardstock for a tour. I amtrying to conserve paper so I want to use two columns with duplicate text to cut the page in half in landscape. I would like to put a duplicate watermark behind the test on each side. My guess is I will have to work my pictures onto a 'paint' page and save that as a jpg then us it as my watermark, it that true?

Thank you so much for any help or guidance in this ever how I can do it.
    Martha

I saw lots of duplicate watermark questions I did not see any relating to this specific need.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As an alternative that may be easier to manage, consider setting it up as a table. With a 2-column table with 2 rows, you could set the widths and heights so you can print douoble-sided (if your printer can do that).

For the watermark, insert an image and then use the text wrapping option to set it "Behind text". You can use picture toolbar features to make it slightly dimmer if that is desirable. To get the same thing in the next cell, copy and paste it. (Note that you may need to use the Home ribbon's Select tool to be able to select the picture when it is set behind text.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EricFletcher For This Useful Post:

MWindle (2012-11-05)

Thanks
    Would it not be easier to do the layout on 1 page only (full paper size) and when printing select 2 pages per sheet?

The screenshot below is from Word 2010, obviously the location for this option may be elsewhere depending on your software.

print2pages.PNG

New Lounger
    Thanks

Use Page Layout/Page Set Up/multiple pages

Set up your A5 document by using a standard A4 page with landscape orientation: Select Page Layout / Page setup; in section multiple pages choose 2 pages per sheet from the drop-down. Create your 1-page design and add the Watermark using Page Layout Watermark. To print: use File/Print; under Settings enter 1,1 for the pages to print. Hey presto - you will have two copies of your design, watermarked, printed side by side on one sheet of paper. For many copies just use the Print/copies option.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon.Chapman For This Useful Post:

mikemullett (2012-11-09)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Red face Have you tried...

Have you tried orienting your document as landscape, then in Page Setup select Multiple Pages: 2 pages per sheet. You can lay out your document as a 5.5" x 8.5" document, then copy and paste to the "second" page. Unfortunately, in print preview, it's not obvious exactly what will happen when you print, but your pages will, indeed, print side by side on a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.

Additionally, the watermark you place in the header or footer will print on both of the "2 pages per sheet."

(Word 2010 on Windows 7)

Later: Apologies to Browni, whose post I did not see until after I'd submitted mine.
    Last edited by Rhetorique; 2012-11-08 at 12:46. Reason: needed to add info