2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question How to Change Cursor Behavior in Excel 2003

Today I was working on a spreadsheet and was typing quickly and I apparently pressed a series of keys that caused the cursor behavior to change.

Before this happend, my cursor keys moved from one cell to another, depending on which cursor key I used. Now the cursor keys act like page-down or page-up keys, causing the entire worksheet to scroll one direction or another.

I tried exiting from the worksheet and opening it up again, but of course, the new cursor behavior was saved with the worksheet.

This is one aspect of Excel I find incredibly annoying, i.e. I do something inadvertantly while typing and a behavior significantly changes and there isn't anyway to determine what exactly changed. So obviously some default value was set on or off or changed to some new value but I don't know what was changed. I did look through various option tabs but didn't see anything. I also browsed help looking for information on cursor key use. But so far, I have found nothing. I suppose I could have exited without saving my work, causing the default to revert to its previous value, but I had changed a lot in the worksheet and didn't want to lose that.

Can anyone tell me what value caused the cursor keys behavior to changem i.e what tab its on? And while you are at it, what keystrokes would have caused this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    DG,

Sounds like you hit the Scroll Lock Key.
    Check the status bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you.

That was it,

I wasn't even typing in that part of the keyboard, so I don't know how it happened.

But thank you.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

FN options?

Look here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series...07/ta-p/324293

Seems like a good reason to avoid ThinkPads. You might have a similar keyboard shortcut on your computer.