Thanks

Windows 8 Tablets

Does anyone have any comments or thoughts about the new crop of windows 8 tablets? I was eager to try out a Surface, but since they don't support LTE. That's a non-starter.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    I personally wouldn't get one unless it had an easy way to connect a monitor / mouse / keyboard / flash drive / etc.

I'd perhaps be willing to forgo the monitor, but none of the other stuff. If I can at least connect my mouse and keyboard, and hopefully my monitor, then I can work normally with it. All of the hassle of using a tablet would be overcome.

But I know that you asked for specifics about the new W8 tablets, and I know that I didn't answer your specific question.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    I personally wouldn't get one unless it had an easy way to connect a monitor / mouse / keyboard / flash drive / etc.

I'd perhaps be willing to forgo the monitor, but none of the other stuff. If I can at least connect my mouse and keyboard, and hopefully my monitor, then I can work normally with it. All of the hassle of using a tablet would be overcome.

But I know that you asked for specifics about the new W8 tablets, and I know that I didn't answer your specific question.
    Actually, something like this wouldn't be a bad setup for me on my job. I work at a computer help desk, and it would be nice to be able to grab my tablet PC out of its docking station, go down the hall, and still be taking calls; I already have a cordless headset.