Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Macro to copy data from multiple workbooks and sheets

I have several workbooks that I need to copy data from row 9 onwards excluding text containing the word "total" in Col A and values to the right of the word total in the the destination workbook from row9 onwards. All the worksheets must be copied to the relevant worksheet in the destination workbook. The row containing the word total and the text bwelow that must be left intact

I have attached a sample source workbook "tax -br1" as well as the destination workbook "consolidated Tax.2012

Your assistance in this regard is most appreciated

See Link of cross post

http://www.excelfox.com/forum/f2/mac...-636/#post2716
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Howard,

This is certainly not what you were expecting in a response, but I do hope that you will read it in the constructive spirit in which it is written. Please forgive me if I am wide of the mark !

I read your threads with great interest as I learn such a lot from the answers to the sometimes difficult issues you are tackling.

I am beginning to form the view that you are constructing a large set of financial spreadsheets and I worry that the piecemeal and sometimes very complicated way you are approaching this challenge may lead to there being errors hidden in the code and its working which you may never spot.

I do hope, therefore, that you have some test data that you can run through your programming, or some other way of being certain that the sum of all the parts (many of whose elements you have gleaned from this forum, but as "point" answers to specific queries rather than in the full context of your overall project) you are using is indeed producing accurate results.

Accuracy of execution in big Excel projects relies on many things, for instance

* a clear overall architecture
    * extensive use of named ranges
    * rational naming schemes
    * thoroughly commented coding
    * good error-handling routines in VBA modules
    * widespread consistency checks

I know that, from bitter experience, if you don't fully understand what each VBA module is doing in all the possible circumstances it may encounter then mistakes are not likely, they are inevitable - either at the outset or when you bring about future changes.

Martin

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply and valuable input, the contents which I have noted

Regards

Howard

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Phew - I thought you might get cross with me !

Thanks for the reply.

Martin

Thanks