New Lounger
    Thanks

Page Loading is Really Slow . . . .

Hello, hello, hello,

Videos embedded at sites I visit do not load; the result is that they don't appear, and I cannot play them. The video crashes, or does not load at all, by the time the whole page has loaded. CNET says to clean the registry. I shared my concerns with a guy at a paid site that I visit, and he said to be very careful with doing a registry cleaning for I can lose all kinds of data. He wrote:

Dear ____________,
    Windows Secrets Newsletter did a test of the major registry cleaner software, and they discovered that every one of them was ineffective and not worth either buying or running.

And worse than being ineffective, some of them deleted important files that negatively affected the computer's performance.

Their advice - Don’t run registry cleaner programs, period.
    Victor

So, I don't know exactly how to proceed. My pageloading is really slow--up to 8 seconds for a page to complete a load, plus the problem I mentioned with the embedded videos. Do you have any solutions? Thanks.

M.
    Last edited by ruirib; 2012-11-08 at 04:38. Reason: edited to remove link

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I fully agree with the advice to never use a registry cleaner.

What type of internet connection do you have - cable, DSL?

What is your connection speed?

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi bbearren,

Thanks. I have a DSL connection, AT&T's UVerse. Here are my speeds:

download speed is 9627 kbps
    latency is 5 ms
    upload speed is 912 kbps