New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Overwritten Contacts - Any Chance of Recovery?

I have a computer at work and a laptop at home, and work have begun to allow us to work from home a couple of days a week if we wish. I exported my Outlook contacts and brought it home to import, spent the day on the laptop updating various contact notes and follow up flags, then exported it all again and reimported it into my work computer (overwriting the lot).

However, I didn't realise that Outlook 2003 does not export follow up flags, so flags for over 300 contacts have disappeared! Is there any way of recovering the old database (importing a backup won't work as the file contains no flags )? Really don't want to have to spend my weekend manually reapplying these flags

Thanks
    If you have windows 7 or 8, you could try opening Windows explorer, finding your Outlook.pst file, right click on it and the click on "restore previous version". I found several previous versions on my system.

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    If you have windows 7 or 8, you could try opening Windows explorer, finding your Outlook.pst file, right click on it and the click on "restore previous version". I found several previous versions on my system.
    Previous version doesn't exist in Windows 8 (and File History is off by default).

Bruce

Thanks
    My bad. You're right Bruce. I just assumed that such a useful feature would be carried over but it has been replaced by File History as you said.
    That's too bad because File History takes user input to set up and most people won't enable it. Previous versions required no user input.
    Jerry