New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 & Frontpage 2002

Presently, I use MS Frontpage 2002 with Windows XP for our church website. I am shortly to get a new computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have heard and read various reports as to whether MS Frontpage will work with the Win 7 operating system, but has anybody had any experience that would share it please?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I believe to use FrontPage 2002 with any Windows 7 you must use a VM running XP as the guest OS. If you had Windows 7 Pro you could use XP mode.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe. If that's the only way for it to work I guess I shall have to upgrade to Professional.

Thanks
    I have Frontpage 2000 running blissfully on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit without resorting to a virtual XP machine.

I would advise that you at least give it a try before you go to the expense of an upgrade that you may not need.

The only part of the Office 2000 suite that won't work as expected (in my experience, at least) is Outlook. It will still work to send and receive mail, but the Address Book will not work at all.
    Last edited by bbearren; 2012-11-09 at 11:11. Reason: added clarity
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - I shall certainly try it before thinking of upgrading.

Thanks
    You should be able to load Microsoft Virtual Machine (or some other virtual machine) in any version of Windows 7. You can then install XP into the virtual machine. If you have Win7 Professional, Business, or Ultimate, you can get XP for free -- it's called XP Mode.

Thanks
    The Microsoft virtual machine will download and install on Windows 7 Home Premium, but it won't run. It requires Pro or Ultimate to run the virtual machine from Microsoft.

VMware from Oracle will install and run on Home Premium.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the replies. Will report how I get on when I receive my new machine.