Lounger
    Thanks

can receive but not send email in O2010

I have two .msn accounts that I use. I recently started using Outlook 2010 and for a while I could do everything with Outlook. Now I can receive from both accounts but can only send from one. Just for giggles, I added my (I'll call it Acct 1, the one that couldn't send) back again and now it can send email. But the other account (Acct 2, that used to be able to send and receive) now can't (or won't) send. What could possibly be the problem? I googled "unable to send with outlook" and got several possible answers that entailed changing the smtp but I can't access the smtp info. I go to File/Account Setting/Account Settings and click Change and this is what I get with no ability to access any of the account settings. What am I missing? And why can I only send from one account at a time?

Thanks
    Hi Pamela, it all depends on which is the default account. You have shown your mail address, can you remove it. One of the Mods should do it eventually. This will also help. Make an Image and post it.docx
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is the screen shot of what I get when I click on Change in Account Settings:

Thanks
    Hi Pamela,
    Bad news, i'm afraid. I have only used Windows Live Mail so am unable to assist further. If your interested in trying WLM I will help.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Things changing without apparent reason is very weird. Does Microsoft provide support for msn accounts? I would contact them in the first place.

Thanks
    Try downloading and using the Hotmail Connector for Outlook. http://office.microsoft.com/en-US/ou...010222518.aspx You might have to remove the MSN accounts before installing the connector..

Jerry