Thread: Webcam question

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Webcam question

I didn't know exactly where to post this. Sorry if this isn't the right forum.

I have a Logitech webcam that I use when I Skype. It sits on a shelf a few inches above my monitor. What I'd like to do is move it closer to the monitor by hanging it upside down from the shelf. This obviously would cause the image to be inverted (both on my screen and at the receiving screen).

Is there a way to have the software (either the Logitech camera software or Win XP) correct (i.e., uninvert) the image?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, and I couldn't find anywhere an Invert Image setting.
    XP doesn't know about webcams - to XP a webcam is just a USB device with its own driver.

Personally , I would try to rig up something made from thin metal or wood to displace the webcam forward and down a few inches - BluTac™®©etc is a useful additional tool in this circumstance.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, BATcher.

Not enough room to rig a special mount, and more effort than I'd care to expend on this issue.
    I was hoping that there might be a simple Logitech software solution (I'm pursuing that), or a Skype solution.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    I would have thought that something like a metal ruler, with two right-angled bends in it, one one way, the other the other way, might give you what you want?
    Code:
    MANY-HEAVY-BOOKS
    --------------------+
    BOOKSHELF           |
                        |
                        |     WEBCAM
                        +--------
    The weight of the books above the long section of the ruler should weight it down adequately.

If you found something in the software which would invert the image, then it would have to do it for your image at their end, and your own smaller image at your end.

Coincidentally, today I've just had to fix a projector which someone has "cleverly" set up to be able to hang it from the ceiling and produce the projected image the right way up!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...