Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: TOC formatting word 2007
2012-11-13, 07:25 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOC formatting word 2007
I'm currently working on a more or less interactive from for my colleagues to use in their daily practice.
The document contains several chapters for every department which could be involved.
The chapters are showed or hidden based upon a checkbox in the beginning of the document requesting if it's required yes or no.
Until here everything works ok. Formatting, empty page and so one are updated accordingly while using the checkboxes.
However the chapter numbers in the TOC keep the original numbering.
So if I hide chapter three the TOC shows chapter 1, 2 4 and 5.
However I want that the numbering is being updated while hiding to the result should be 1,2,3 and 4
Does anyone know how to tackle this issue?
2012-11-13, 17:00 #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2001
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Thanked 266 Times in 243 Posts
I can think of two ways around this issue.
1. Hide the text AND move it to the back of the document
2. Remove the text after storing a copy in a Building Block so it can be restored easilyAndrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia