3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

File Manager opening at startup

A few days ago, my file manager started opening at computer startup to a autoruns related folder. See the screenshot. The same thing happened briefly in early October to the same folder, but I don't recall how I get rid of it. I've been thinking the problem is related to Xyplorer, the file manager I mainly use, but after uninstalling it and rebooting, Windows Explorer opened to the same folder (Xyplorer reinstalled doesn't do it now). Why Autoruns and Logitech? Not sure. Obviously, I use Autoruns and I do have a Logitech webcam, but it's not currently hooked up. Any idea what might be going on and how to fix it? Win 7x64. Thanks,

File Manager at startup - Win Ex.jpg
    Last edited by highstream; 2012-11-14 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Check with What's In Startup. The Logitech registration loads itself in Startup. It can be disabled or deleted with this little app. This definitely looks the same as I was getting when I installed updated Setpoint S/W for my Logitech mouse.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for getting me looking at it a different way. It wasn't SetPoint Event Mgr in startup, but literally what was being pointed to, the Logitech Registration link. I found it unchecked, hence disabled, in autoruns. So I checked it to see what would happen. On reboot, the file mgr is gone but a Logitech survey popped up. Going back to Autoruns, the entry is no longer there. Go figure.

Thanks
    Yea, the Logitech registration stuff is somewhat in your face. I suppose this is good in a way. My Anywhere FX Mouse had to be replaced almost a year after purchase. Logitech offers a 3 year warranty, even on lower priced mice. You really can't beat that. It's worth the registration to get a replacement, no questions asked.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy