2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How can I find the source of Word 2007 Add-In?

I have a 2007 Word template with stuff showing in the Add_ins tab. The entries point to non-existent code. I would like to clean this up - ie remove it. But I cannot find what is putting it there. I have tried converting back to 2003 and seeing if I can see a toolbar that I can remove - but after converting there are no toolbars associated with the template. I even looked through application.commandbars but names were either MS ones or blank.

Help!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Add-ins should show under File (orb for 2007) Options, Add-ins.
    Toolbars that are a part of a template should show under the Add-ins Tab on the ribbon.
    You may be able to find them in VBA by opening the template and pressing Alt-F11

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try right clicking one of the buttons in the Custom Toolbars section of the Add-ins tab on the ribbon. One of the options is "Delete Custom Toolbar".

If you had multiple toolbars in that legacy template then you may need to repeat this for each one.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Lockton For This Useful Post:

JudithKiwi (2012-11-16)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac56 View Post
    Add-ins should show under File (orb for 2007) Options, Add-ins.
    Toolbars that are a part of a template should show under the Add-ins Tab on the ribbon.
    You may be able to find them in VBA by opening the template and pressing Alt-F11
    No - tried
    that nothing in Add-Ins. Nothing in VBA. Converting back to 2003 doesn't show any custom toolbars. Very strange.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    Try right clicking one of the buttons in the Custom Toolbars section of the Add-ins tab on the ribbon. One of the options is "Delete Custom Toolbar".

If you had multiple toolbars in that legacy template then you may need to repeat this for each one.
    Seems the best option. Without the code I have no idea what the commands are meant to do. I have deleted the toolbar and will now await the squeals to see what it was meant to do (those I asked had no idea).