Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE 10 problem

Thanks
    The spell checker is one change. I think IE 10 renders a more secure version of HTML??? Basically if it works and does what you want it to do, then not noticing the changes is probably good.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

mart44
    Emptying the cache and/or resetting IE is worth a try for unexplainable problems.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem Installing IE10 with Windows 7

I have exactly the same problem installing IE10 with Windows 7. I have installed IE10 and did a system restore when I could not connect to any locations. I did another install and the same thing happened. I rebooted both times with the same results.

The message displayed is "This page can't be displayed". 1)Make sure the web address http://www.msn.com is correct. 2) Look for the page with your search engine 3) Refresh the page in a few minutes. No matter what address I enter the same message appears.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To fix the problem with installing IE10 on Windows 7 where IE10 displays "This page can't be displayed". Go to the Advanced tab under Security and enable "Enhanced Protection Mode". Reopen IE10 and everything should be fine.

Thanks
    Unfortunately many of my add-ons are not compatible with Enhanced Protection Mode. Last Pass and Logitech Setpoint both were automatically disabled with this settings.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chtarheel882 View Post
    To fix the problem with installing IE10 on Windows 7 where IE10 displays "This page can't be displayed". Go to the Advanced tab under Security and enable "Enhanced Protection Mode". Reopen IE10 and everything should be fine.
    THANK YOU! This worked. I was very frustrated but got it working thanks to you.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a connection problem with IE10 after installing, although internet connection was there. The problem was IE10 had switched to a proxy server. The solutiion was click the gearwheel top right of IE10 then Internet Options then Connections tab then untick the box for proxy server then tick the box for Automatic connection at the top. It worked ok then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12