Lounger
    Thanks

Import Address Book/s (Outlook 2000)

I just put a new computer on line and loaded Outlook 2000. I then imported the .pst file from my old computer from a CDR backup. The import seems to have worked ok since I can access each of my three contact lists (general, business, hobby). However, the only address book that comes up is the "general". The other two do not appear in the address book although all three lists show up under the "contacts" tab.

What I'm trying to achieve is the same heirarchy that existed on the old computer, ie. +general contacts that expands to then show "business" and "hobby".

What have I failed to do to enable access to the two additional address books?

Thanks.
    -- dave --

How do I get the other two (business and hobby) address books to appear as they did on my old computer.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import Address Book/s (Outlook 2000)

Hi Dave,
    I am not quite sure, whether I got your problem right. But maybe you should try the following:

Bring up the folder list. There, right-click on one of the contact folders that causes trouble. Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu and go to the "Outlook Adress Book" tab. There, activate the "Show this folder as Outlook address book" checkbox. Repeat the procedure for the other contact folder(s).

Only the contact folders which have this checkbox checked appear as address books when you hit the To-button in a new email message.

Doris

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import Address Book/s (Outlook 2000)

Doris,

You got it right. And, your solution solved my problem.

Thanks for the prompt response.
    -- dave --