New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy macro to copy cell contents and preserve data regardless of change in orig

I have a spreadsheet which has graphs that change on a monthly basis and this acts as a monthly report for a business. I want to put a comments section under each each graph so that the user can comment on a monthly basis. However i also want save the different months' comments on a separate sheet for future reference. So i want a macro or formula that copies the contents of the comments cell and places it in a different cell depending on the month. If possinle i also want to then make sure that each time a person goes back to a previous month on the same spreadsheet, the comment box shows that month's comments.
    Pharmacy Monthly Report 2012 Dummy.xls
    A mouthful, can anyone help.
    Last edited by fchikwete; 2012-11-16 at 04:15. Reason: FExample added

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Fchikwete,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster.

A couple of questions:

1. Is there a single graph that you change the data ranges for or is there a separate graph for each sheet?
    2. Is the comments box a cell or a textbox?
    3. Would it be possible to post an example workbook with sterilized data?
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There are 3- four graphs on one sheet with a comment textbox. Can also use a cell instead. See attached workbook in orig post

Thanks
    I suggest using a cell instead of the textbox. You can merge those columns and rows into one cell and add a border to it.

Then in whatever "database" structure you are using to hold the comments, you can reference the upper left cell of each of the merged ranges to get the comments "live". At the end of each month (or beginning of next month) when you want to "compile" them, just copy and paste the values. Your database can keep formulas for the future months as well as just past values at the end of that month/start of the next month.

Steve