New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Replaying audio, PPT 2010

I want to be able to control flow through a PPT show with navigation buttons. One of these buttons would let the user go back to a previous slide. Each slide has a WAV narration attached to it, set to play automatically and rewind when the slide is completed. (Slides are advanced by the user with a manual click.) Sound files play fine the first time the slide is viewed, but if that slide is gone back to from a mouse click later in the program, the audio file does NOT play. Is there a way to get a WAV file to replay when the slide is re-viewed? Thanks in advance!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Amazingly Microsoft designed it that way. Their (flawed IMO) rational was that if you went back to a slide you wouldn't want the animation (audio is an animation) again.

To get around it place a blank slide BEFORE the slide with sound, give it an auto trantion of zero seconds and make the back link to THIS slide./

New Lounger
    Thanks

Looping back to a slide

Wow, John! Sounds like the Microsoftheads are at it again! Thanks for the tip. I'll try that later today and let you know if it worked.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Still no sound

John, I tried your suggestion and tested it. It worked fine! I had to do a few tweaks with the action settings (like clear the "Play audio file" option on the action buttons menu), but it worked, it worked! Thanks a zillion! And BTW, great job you folks are doing staging the London games!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "great job you folks are doing staging the London games!"

Wait till we pass the US in the medal table!

We are heading for AZ in October (Scottsdale) for the Presentation Summit BTW

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Help! I am stuck!

When I wrote in August, I had created a simple PPT file using blank backgrounds, a few bullet points, simple audio, and three navigation buttons-- previous, repeat and next. To repeat a slide, I programmed the REPEAT button to link to the previous slide (which was blank, set for 0:00:00 advance and Advance on Mouse Click cleared, even setting the sound to "Stop previous sound"). This worked well in all tests.

But now I am creating a more robust program. I am using template backgrounds, more text/bullet points, longer narration, animations timed with Previous. Now, the REPEAT button goes to the blank slide before the repeated slide like it should, but there is sticks. It does not advance to the slide so its content can be repeated. In both files-- my original test file and this new one-- the blank slides have precisely the same settings-- Advance after 0:00:00 (mouse click box cleared), Duration 0:00:25, Sound Stop Previous. The simple test file (August) works. The present one does not. Any ideas?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you send a sample of the one not working?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks 2 Star Lounger, but I found the problem, thanks to a hint from another Lounger on a similar problem. I had forgotten to set the Slide Show parameters to Use Timings. When I did that, the blank slides zipped right on by (since I had set them to advance after 0:00:00) and the slide I wanted to repeat showed up as cued ready to run again.

As Bill Gates was reported to have said, "The devil is in the details... really in the details." So many things to click...