New Lounger
    Thanks

Recover e-mails from Tbird to Gmail

During a moment extreme stupidity, I configured Tbird to delete all messages >30-days. Naturally, Tbird & Gmail obediently executed my stupid request. However, there is a bright side, I have a backup of my Tbird profile (yay me!) before the stupidity set in. I've restored the IMAP directory in my profile. However, when I look at the folders in Tbird, I momentarily see the restored messages in various folders, but only until Gmail syncs with Tbird upon which the empty Gmail folder are copied to the Tbird folders making them both the same. So, the issue is how do I "reverse sync" the folders, i.e., from Tbird to Gmail?

My thought was to disconnect from the Internet, start Tbird, so it can't sync with Gmail, and copy the folders to my Local Folders. Once that has been done, I would reconnect to the Internet, start Tbird & allow the sync to take place. Then move all the messages from my Local Folders back to the desired folders upon which the sync feature would make both sides the same. Will this work? Is there a better way?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In GMAIL open the All Mail folder and see if they are there. Then select the check box next to each one and click on move to inbox.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Why would they be there? I think you've misunderstood my trouble. All IMAP folders have had messages >30-days old deleted including ALL MAIL. But, my backup of Tbird does have all the messages from the day before my stupidity set in. I need to get them uploaded from my Tbird backup to Gmail.