New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2010: Parameter Action query

I have a couple of things I am trying to accomplish.
    1. Allow users to select one or more than one title from the list and run a parameter query.
    2. Append this data to a table that will make sure that all duplicates have been removed. Duplicates are inherent from my original downloaded data from a remote server.

SelectMember_frm has a combo field which allows the user to only select one title at a time. I have even tried entering “Board President” And “District Administrator” but I get no results returned. Although doable, I would prefer not to write a new append query for each possible combination of titles.

Users could select one title at a time and append to a table. I know that I cannot run a parameter on an append query. so I thought that maybe I could select all records copy and then paste into the final table. This has the contact # set as a primary key, which will ensure that no duplicates are pasted into the table.

Private Sub cmdMbrOk_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "EMemberList_qry", acViewNormal, acEdit ‘This query opens with the list of names having the selected title

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectAllRecord ‘ I get Run-time error ‘2501’ The RunCommand Acction was canceled; I have set Recordset Type to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy
    DoCmd.OpenTable "SpecificTitlesEMailing_tbl", acViewNormal, acEdit
    DoCmd.SetWarnings (False)
    DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataTable, "SpecificTitlesEMailing_tbl", acNewRec
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPasteAppend
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "SelectMember_frm"
    End Sub

As always your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Djsmith

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Why not just run an append query after selecting the title from the combo box? An append query looks like INSERT INTO Tablename SELECT * FROM InputTable WHERE Title = Forms!YourFormName!cmbTitle . You can run this append query from VBA (behind a button) via a command CurrentDB.Execute sSql where sSql is a text string containing the above query. Excuse the lack of carriage returns, I have a Windows 7 laptop that has Windows 8 installed.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, I had thought of that, but I am depending on users to click both buttons before using the final data. I was hoping to find a way to make sure that they only have to click one button.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Well then use a multi select list box and loop for the titles they have chosen. There are multiple clicks as you select each title from the list box.