Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Keep selections ?

Hello, specially Rui.

In a former install, I could not keep the selections in my machine, in regard specifically to Control Panel, see Categories vs Large Icons. Then. after a redo, it stayed in preferred option, again in CP, to Large Icon. I find now that after a new redo of this machine that the CP will not stay in the preferred selection, it always opens in "Categories" instead of the last selected option of Large Icons. Where in Hades is this set, please ? Where is the Save button ?

I got Rui targeted here as he once said that it ought to keep the selected option but it does not. I only wish ! ! !

Would a repair do this ? JP.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    There is no Save option that I know of, JP. The settings just stay set to the last choice I made.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    This is also my understanding, Rui, but it does not. From one of my redo, it worked but the last one does not. Oh, well, just there to try me !

I got mad enough, Rui, that my neurons started boiling and made me think about this. Success ! I opened up CP, went to Large Icons, and from the small CP icon at the very top of the line, made a new icon to the desktop, from the Large Icon mode. That did it, It now keeps that selection live. 1 for me, 0 for MS. Shows to go you that the mind is mightier than the OS. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2012-11-17 at 21:23.