Star Lounger
    Thanks

Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe 1.0 audio card.

I have an HP Desktop H8 - 1110 T with Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium and audio by Beats on the motherboard (IDT). I am not to happy with the Beats audio why I ordered the above sound card. Before installing the HW I disabled in Device Mananger everything under Sound etc. This card requires according to Asus additional power using a floppy connector which I plugged in to the card. After completing the installation I powered the PC on but Windows 7 would not detect the new HW at all. This was confirmed under Sound in the Control Panel where it said "No audio device was detected. I then checked the BIOS to see if anything needed to changed but nothing which points to anything connected with audio. Installing the SW from the CD showed a message to plug in the card (which I did). This also indicates that the audio device was not detected.

The power supply is 300W, so I suspected that not enough power is provided. I installed a new power supply with 600W without a problem but Windows 7 still does not detect the card.

Anyone any idea here?

Thanks
    Remove the "Floppy connector" [??] from the card and try again.
    Disable onboard sound in BIOS if not already done so.
    You don't really need extra power for this card other than what the PCIe supplies.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I had checked the BIOS and there is no entry for sound. The main concern is that W 7 does not detect the new HW which it should. I tried the approach to not connect the extra power but the result is the same.

Thanks
    Did you install the driver for the card? If it didn't come with a disk, go to the Support page on the Asus site.

Jerry

Thanks
    Unless you can verify it's integrity by successfully installing the device on another computer....
    Contact Asus for support. You may be dealing with a faulty device.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I installed the card several times with no success. I even disabled the the on board audio (IDT High Definition) in Device Manager beforehand I used a multimeter to measure the voltage and it showed that it received it. Installing the SW from the disk does not help because the sytem says that no audio is installed. so the card is not faulty. W7 should at least say it detected something but it does not work. I have to return the card to the vendor. By the way I contacted Asus but they don't have an answer either

I gues, I have to try a card from Creative.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I returned the Asus Xonar card and I got full refund at Amazon. I am now considering another solution but it seems that with this PC from HP alternatives are very limited if not available. The reason is that the NVIDIA video card sits ina PCI slot. Then there are 3 PCIe x1 slots that are empty. I have a Asus Xonar D2 PCI in an old PC that is not being used. The only way to use the D2 card is to buy a PCIe x1 video card and then put the D2 in the PCI slot. However, it is very difficult to find a PCIe x1 video card with HDMI, DVI and VGA connectors which has similar specifications like the installed NVIDIA card, and I prefer NVIDIA to RAEDON (bad experience with from years ago).