2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Enlarge picture in Outlook Express E-Mail

Is there a way to enlarge a picture that is part of an Outlook Express E-Mail message?
    I cannot see a way to do it in Outlook Express menus, etc. and I do not have any photo
    software (that I know of). I don't do anything with photos or other picture items.
    I had hoped I could open the email in my Internet Explorer browser which has enlarging
    capabilities.
    Dell Dimension E310 DV051, Pentium 4, 2.80GHz, Memory 512MB, XP SP3 MCE/Pro
    Dell Inspiron 15R, 8GB, Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
    All help truly appreciated!

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    You could try saving the pic and then opening it with Paint, which comes with Windows, and then enlarge it from there.

But, you may find that the pic is of such low resolution that enlarging it will reduce the quality of the pic.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Banyarola For This Useful Post:

flavet (2012-11-17)

Thanks
    Also, you can save the pic to your desktop and then RIGHT CLICK on it and select OPEN WITH and then choose INTERNET EXPLORER and you can then you can enlarge it that way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Banyarola For This Useful Post:

flavet (2012-11-18)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to thank you for your replies to my request. However, since I am not familiar with a lot there is to know about using my PC, especially working with any kind of picture, I had trouble following your suggestions. But I kept trying and I seem to have stumbled into a way to do the task (if I could only remember the steps I took to get to that point!).
    I tried your first suggestion only up to the very beginning of it and ran out of specifics of the exact means of 'saving' the picture: Should I save the whole email and try to open that in Paint, or should I try to crop out just the picture and save that with a name suffix that is related to a picture, etc, not knowing what suffix would take.
    Anyhow, my first attempts didn't work because I did not have enough smarts to continue. Today, I saw your second suggestion and gave it a try. I opened the email with the picture, 'selected' (highlighted) just the picture and tried to drag it to the desktop. No go. It ignored me. I think I next went back to the picture and tried to save it to a file and I gave that file a .bmp suffix before saving it to one of my folders. That seemed to work, so when I opened Paint and then I did a FILE|OPEN of the saved file, it worked. At least I think that is how I did it. I am going to go back and see if I can replicate getting a picture into a proper file format so I can open it in Paint.
    I just wanted to see a bit more detail in a picture I received in an email. Wish me luck.

Thanks
    What are you using for reading your email?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My email application is Outlook Express, so I read new messages using that.
    I will be very busy today, so I may not respond very promptly to anything that I need to answer.
    Sorry.

Thanks
    In OE just right click on the picture and select COPY. Then open PAINT and in the EDIT menu of paint click on PASTE and it will paste it into Paiin and then you can do what you want with it there.