Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Thanks
    It may be an application program that is the culprit. If this just started happening it could be the display adapter itself. However, it is more likely the display driver. I have seen that behavior on a couple of PCs in the past. Fortunately, they were desktop machine so I could update the video driver which resolved the problem.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It doesn't happen consistently or reliably. What happened with the most recent example -- and I think this is what happened frequently in the past -- was that a pop-up menu didn't clean up properly. If I remember right, I had right-clicked to display a menu, then some other window somehow got in front of the application? I don't recall if I was able to click the menu selection I wanted or if the menu was hidden, but the menu selection I chose stayed frozen on the screen. It's semi-transparent, like it got stuck in the process of fading out when I chose it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the same problem. Mine is HP laptop (w/ AMD). No problem with 32-bit software so far. On one 64-bit portable browser (Pale Moon), the right-click menu does not clean up properly.
    Either the app does not interface with the video driver correctly, or the AMD video driver is not perfect. For now it is just a very minor eye sore but no big deal. I can maximize a window and the problem goes away.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Then you must be having a different problem. I can't make mine go away by maximizing the window or anything else. It just stays on top of all other windows and won't go away until I reboot -- or possibly log out & in again.

(Why won't the forum software let me *insert* an image? I can only attach it.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Try this:

AttachImage.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, but that's what I did. I clicked that button, browsed to the file I wanted to attach, and...Zombie.gif

...and this time it worked. *sigh* I tried that 3 or 4 times before and it would only add it as an attachment. I'm 110% certain I used the same button before. Now it works. Go figger.

Thanks
    Well at least it works now. Glad you got it solved.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12