Results 1 to 1 of 1
2012-11-23, 01:35 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ZINSTALL WIN-WIN Redirected Drives
- Ran Zinstall to move source XP on one PC to a new Windows 7 64 bit on a target PC.
- It worked close to what they promised as long as you never modify the system.
- Zinstall WIN-WIN (Not XP7 which creates VM) created a target folder (1TB Drive) and put all my system drive contents into subfolders for each drive on the source.
Install SDD for C: and create extended drives for the content in the subfolders.
Assuming that moving the redirected drives when moved off the root directory will break all program links established by Zinstall.
- I need to create partitions to replace the drives in redirection folder. Assuming I rename the new partitions accordingly, my hope is that I can regain operational programs after I move the redirected folder off the root.
- How do I undo the redirection without crashing applications that WIN-WIN transferred?
- Canít find information on this. Gateway DX4860 PC came preloaded and zero documentation.
Any help appreciated.