Star Lounger
    Thanks

Skipped Files in Windows 7 Back up

I use the built in back up in windows 7. I keep getting a message saying that it skipped some files. I will post the exact message at the end of this post.
    the files are related to a album I downloaded but deleted long ago. I have searched the location it indicates but there is nothing there.
    Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out where these files might be or how to make this message go away.

message from windows back up

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\barry\Downloads\Yes - Union Live 2011 (2CD)(www.lokotorrents.com)\Disc1. ErrorThe system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))
    Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\barry\Downloads\Yes - Union Live 2011 (2CD)(www.lokotorrents.com)\Disc2. ErrorThe system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))

Barry

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Thanks
    When I used Windows 7 when it first came out, I got this error when I deleted a file from the list of files and folders defined for backup. As the link Clint provided states, it can safely be ignored. The only way I was able to get rid of it was to redefine the backup list.

Jerry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint and Jerry
    Thanks for the info. I tried the steps in the scenario 2 that Clint supplied the link to but no go. I had also read that if you create a new folder with the name of the missing one it would fix it but again it didn't work.
    I had rightly assumed it wasn't doing any harm but I am somewhat anal when it comes to things like that.
    I just do not understand why it is trying to back up files that have long been deleted.
    Barry

Thanks
    I understand where you are coming from but I don't think you can do much about it. That's one of the reasons i changed to a different backup program.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, what backup program did you go with?

Thanks
    Acronis True Image, a paid app but there are good free choices as well - Easeus ToDo Backup and Macrium Reflect

Jerry