2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot stream multimedia from Win8 computer

My TV (vai a BluRay box) finds and displays photos, videos, and music that is saved on my Win7 computer. It finds the name of my Win8 computer but will not display multimedia. My Win7 computer and my Ubuntu computer both find and exchange files with my Win8 computer (now, after hours spent with MS); naturally they will play/display multimedia files on the Win8 machine.

I have no idea what I must do to make the Win8 machine accessable to my TV. When I look at the firewall settings, I see things like Network Discovery and Media Center Extenders, but I don't know if they are factors here or not. I tried turning the firewall off, but that did not help.

Any ideas as to what is blocking the connection?

Thanks
    I wonder if this is a sharing problem. Win 8 is more secure than previous Windows versions. Have you gone into Advanced Sharing and set it up?

I would also set up sharing on each folder individually that you wish to share. I had to do this as well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You need to set the same permissions on the Win8 PC that you set on the Win7 PC.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have set all of the advanced sharing settings to the least restrictive settings. I have set permissions on all of my data drives to the least restrictive settings "everyone," access and change allowed. Media Streaming says "all devices are allowed to access your shared media." For some reason, the Win8 computer is listed 5 times on the Media Streaming page. I can try adding permissions to more folders. I already have one folder with permissions and it is not seen by the TV.