2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

System Volume Information is "really" missing - cannot do System Restore

Hello folks,
    I am really missing the System Volume Information Folder as well as the $RecycleBin$ in the root of C:\
    I have done all the google searches and methods posted - I can't even find the folders in Regedit?
    Due to this, System Restore will not save a restore point and I cannot do cloned backups?
    Any ideas to get these back without doing a Repair Install?? Win7 64bit.

Thanks so much and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Tom

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Please post the error message that is shown when you attempt to take the Restore point, plus exactly the process you are using to take it.

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi David,
    I can create a restore point, using the default "create"....it comes back as successful.. If I immediately go to System Restore, it shows that restore point. If I open any folder or program, and then click on System Restore, it says no restore
    points have been saved. The event viewer shows Error: The shadow copies of volume C: were abored because of an IO failure on volume C: As far as this problem goes, I had done everthing I could find such as re-registering components, making sure the applicable services were running, turning off System Restore, rebooting, turning System Restore back on to no avail.

As far as trying to do a system image / or / backup, I get the same error.
    As I stated, I cannot find the System Volume Information Folder...have done everything -

I really need to get these services to work again, hopefully without a repair or full reinstall.

Thanks so much for your interest.

Tom