2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2077 R they out of their minds???

Hi,
    I just tried using Access 2007. First no undo button. They in Microsoft are perfect? I think NOT!!!
    Then we have the ribbon. Who in their right mind would want to send an MDE with a ribbon? Why not give client a load gun and say go have fun. Is this the future???

Sarge

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Undo is on the Quick Access Toolbar: How to; Access 2007 Custom Buttons

The ribbon can be hidden: How to: Hide the Ribbon When Access Starts - Office 2007

Bruce

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To Bruce:

Thanks for the info. I still think that they are not playing with a full deck, and the one they are using has to many jokers in it. Next you will tell me that they are doing away with VBA, in favor of macros. Or instead of using ADO we should go back to DAO.

Sarge

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Wait till you try 2010 and 2013! Many in the development community have been less than pleased with the ribbon, and the Navigation Pane has issues as well, but at least at this stage VBA is still hanging around. There are some new capabilities with data macros that do actually add some some nice features, and the emphasis seems to be moving toward the "cloud" - but DAO is still used by many developers.
    Wendell