Thread: PC cleaner pro

New Lounger
    Thanks

PC cleaner pro

OK, like a dumb a** I downloaded PC Cleaner Pro, can anyone lead me in the direction as to how I can get this off my computer?
    I fell into their trap trying to get rid of Yontoo 1.10.02 that I have no idea how I got on my computer.
    I'm just praying that when I shut down I'll be able to get back on and into my email.
    Thank you to who ever can help me,
    Marlene

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi,

Wlecome to the Lounge.

The easiest and quickest way is to restore your system to a restore point from a time before you got infected.

Thanks
    Run your antivirus application and or download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as a first step.

Boot your computer into safe mode with networking and uninstall from the control panel. There should be a
    semi-hidden uninstaller in the lower right hand side.

How to remove PCCleaner
    Remove PC Cleaner virus
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply, I was able to uninstall it, I just hope it didn't leave behind and trash.
    I appreciate your welcome and advice.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you so much, I'm running Malwarebytes now, I uninstalled PC Cleaner pro last night, whewwww! As soon as I'd done that download I knew it was a scam and backed out of it and started searching for help, thank you for coming to my rescue.

Thanks
    Be careful, there are many scams out there.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.