2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bluetooth Mouse Connection

Hi,
    I have a Kensington Bluetooth mouse/trackball that works through an IOgear USB dongle. When connected, it works beautifully. The problem is that it will only rarely connect with Win7 automatically at startup. In order to get it to connect I must do the following:
    Click bluetooth icon in system tray.
    Click "show bluetooth devices" (mouse is shown as device #1 and is identified by name)
    Rt Click mouse icon and select "mouse settings"
    Click "bluetooth" tab at top of window (says that device is disconnected)
    Click "connect" at bottom. Connection is made and all is well.

The mouse has new batteries and the battery indicator says they are good. When connected, the "bluetooth" tab in the settings window also provides battery condition info. If batteries get low an on screen warning appears.
    The "options" tab in the settings window has a check box for allowing the device to connect. It is checked.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

BTW, I also use the mouse with a distribution of Linux and it is immediately recognized and connected at startup.

Thanks
    Do you have the latest drivers for the mouse?
    Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bluetooth Mouse Connection

Jerry,
    Well. I thought I did. I checked a while back and only found an old driver on Kensington's web site. After your question, I checked again and found a more recent one (2011, I think). I installed it and all seems to be well. Thanks for the suggestion. I really didn't think it was a driver problem because all else was working well.
    Thanks again. I hope you had a good turkey day.

Thanks
    Glad to hear you fixed it. i had a wonderful thanksgiving even though that day started at 55 degrees and had snow and 35 degrees by the time I headed back home at 7.

Jerry