Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't get to Google Mail through Firefox

Hi: Suddenly, I cannot access Gmail through Firefox. I get the following message: "The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
    cookies." I have checked every possible setting in the options section of Firefox and found no changes that work. I disabled all add-ons and temporarily stopped the Windows Firewall; neither change worked. I checked my Google mail this morning and it worked fine. This evening it doesn't doesn't. I have no problem accessing Google Mail through Internet Explorer. I upgraded to Firefox 17 and that didn't change anything. I downgraded to Firefox 16.1 and that didn't change anything either. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks
    Click 'Clear Now' and set as below.

1.jpg

2.jpg
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roderunner: Thanks for responding. What you suggested did not work. I use Yahoo mail as my primary and Google mail as my backup. My choices are: "Always ask" "Use Twin UI (default)" "Use Gmail mail" "Use Yahoo mail" and "Use other." I did as you said, I checked "Use Google Mail." I got the same message. I set it back to the default "Use Twin UI." Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by elgercee; 2012-11-23 at 09:42. Reason: added line

Thanks
    Type cmd in the start menu 'Search programs and files' box. Right click cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
    type ipconfig flushdns the press Enter.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roderunner: The first time I tried it I got an error message. Correct format is "ipconfig /flushdns." Didn't matter though, it didn't work. I get the same old message:

The page isn't redirecting properly.
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Thanks anyway. I really do appreciate that you are trying to help.

Thanks
    Sorry for missing / on my post. Have you tried:-

Untitled.jpg

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roderunner: I did what I probably should have done in the first place. I did a system restore to about four days ago. I suddenly found that I could not get to Google mail on explorer either so drastic steps were called for. After the restore I am able to get to Google mail on both. Who knows why? To use the hip expression s**t happens! Thanks for your kind help. I truly appreciated it.

Thanks
    This is how I access my Gmail as it gives better features & looks, which are not available if accessed directly. WLM Tips.docx