Thread: New Folder

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New Folder

I made a new folder titled PDFS in the Documents Library. I proceeded to drag some PDFS there. Then I decided to also show PDFS in the "send to" file. In that I succeeded but have goofed something up because PDFS no longer appears in the Documents Library.

The only way I can access PDFS now is to go to the Search Programs and Files and type in PDFS. When I access the PDFS the address bar shows: GMF>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Windows>SendTo>PDFS

How can I correct this by moving the PDFS folder back to the Documents Library where I can then populate the PDFS folder with all my PDFS.

Thanks for any assistance.

Thanks
    The Libraries are just pointers to the actual data folder, not data folders themselves. To see an explanation of this do a Google search for Win 7 Libraries.

The actual documents folder is located at user, username, You should see My Documents, Pictures, Music, etc. Move the folder you created from the SendTo folder to the My Documents folder. You can most likely create a short cut to this folder and place this shortcut into the SendTo folder.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    The 'Send to' option only creates a shortcut to the file/s location. Open your PDFS folder and delete all. Go to where your pdf's are located, highlight the ones you want then right click & select 'Copy'. Right click inside your PDFS folder & select paste.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure what worked but I can now find it much more easily. I liked XP better in the management of files.