New Lounger
    Thanks

my wireless connection stops responding after 30 mins of browsing.

hi. i am using an Acer aspire with windows 7 home premium 64bit installed. recently i been experiencing connection issues. my wireless says its on. at first i have no problem with surfing the internet. but then after 30 mins or so. the internet stops responding. doesnt freeze or anything. just stops responding. taking a long tme to load a page. things like that. i never had this problem before. all though i must say. i am using someone elses wireless network. because its open connection. i been using it for 2 years without any problems. i was using google chrome before. and the problem was happening still. and now i am using firefox. and still its happening. i forgot to mention something. when the internet stops responding. i restart my computer. and the internet responds again. but then stops responding again. then i restart computer again, (its just a cycle) that gets annoying. any help would be nice. thank you.

Thanks
    I agree with Rui. If you are using someone's internet connection without their permission this is not ethical, and might be considered illegal. Perhaps the person you seem to be "stealing" connectivity from has figured out how to close their connection to outside users.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Do you have permission to use someone else's network?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    no

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thank you for the quick reply. i hope that is the problem. i was thinking its my laptop.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I don't know if that is the problem, but you need to get permission from the network owner or get your own internet access.

Thanks
    You definitely need to get permission. If the owner finds out what you are doing you could be in trouble. If the connection is a freely distributed Wii connection at a known business location, for example Starbucks, then that's one thing, but if you are tapping into a neighbor's WiFi without their permission, that is quite another matter.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy