5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Quattro Converter

My boss is using Quattro and has asked me to convert these into Excel as we want all staff to use Excel. It is a very old version and the files end with a wq1 extension. We are using office 2010 and I would like to know where I can obtain a converter to convert these files in Excel or into a readable format so that these can be opened in Excel 2010. I know that the older versions of Excel recognised wq1 files
    Last edited by HowardC; 2012-12-01 at 04:33.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used this successfully some years ago with Excel 2003 - I don't know if it will work with 2010 . . .

http://www.ehow.com/how_6514935_conv...xcel-2007.html

IME you must check a sample of the calculations before you rely on the conversion as formula errors do occasionally seem to occur - I expect that depends on what type of formulae are used in the Corel file.

I'd expect you could find someone somewhere with an Excel 2003 installation to help you do this if you don't have that at work. I'd offer myself, but I expect the data is confidential. I seem to remember it was even easier in Excel 2000 (when there were more Quattro installations around) - so maybe someone near you still has that ?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply

I will get an old PC with Office 2003 loaded so that I convert the Quattro files

Regards

Howard