2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hard Drive light is always blinking on and off

I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista on it......I had to wipe the Hard Drive clean and then I reinsalled everything from the Reinstall Hidden Partictian on the Hard Drive following the Instruction Book's instructions.......I have then used the computer for about 6 months and it still has the hard drive blinking all the time on and off.......I have run the Microsoft Malicias removal tool, my AVG free full scan, etc and everthing comes up OK, no problems.....I have also gone in and looked at the stuff that is set for start up and nothing looks incorrect there...finally I have cleaned up the temp files including runing the %temp% option from the Run window and defraged the Hard Drive......sooo, not for sure where to go from here....any help is very much appreciated...many thanks, John

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    John,

Do you have Windows set to Index the drive? It could be updating the index.
    Or do you have any auto updating applications that are in the startup group?
    Or any desktop gadgets that auto update like Weather or Stock Ticker, etc.?
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    any help is very much appreciated...many thanks,
    JohnL,
    Hello... a good place to start is Here Have a read ...you can download the whole suite or just a piece (Process Explorer)... Will show whats going on with your PC ...Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)