New Lounger
    Thanks

Attaching a .txt file to outlook

Hello,
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask for help but I'm looking for a script that will take a c:\log.txt and attach it to a new outlook email msg and perhaps I can also have the subject already typed and body as well.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Sam,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster!

Exactly what type of script (vb, vba, powershell, vbscript, etc.) are you looking for and where do you want to run it from (batch file, office application, etc.)?
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you .
    Well we be honest I'm not sure but this would be used by other people in the company and not by me mainly. Long story short, I need them to send me their systeminfo txt file to me and that txt file is saved under their C: drive. I want them to be able to click on this script and have the that txt file attach to new email window and have the subject pre typed. Hope this explains it. Thank you

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To bring up an email using outlook from a command line. Here's a little example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12>outlook /c ipm.note /m "someboy@gmail.com&subject=xmas1%20here&body=This% 20is%20the%20message%20body" /a "c:\xmas1.gif"