New Lounger
    Thanks

IE9 - Unable to view pages having .jsp extensions

Since about mid-October I am no longer able to open sites ending with a .jsp extension. This often happens when clicking on a link in an email. IE9 connects to the website and attempts to display the page as evidenced by the site name being displayed in the tab and bottom and side scroll bars added to the screen but the page otherwise is completely blank. The pages render and display in Firefox, but I prefer IE9. Does anyone know what settings might need to be changed to get .jsp pages to display in IE9.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I Have Same Problem

I have the same problem and hope maybe you have solved it. Any suggestions? Thanks, oldbill35

Thanks
    Try opening the page in compatibility mode by clicking on the torn page icon at the right side of the address bar. If that doesn't work, try opening IE with all the add ons disabled.
    how to run IE 9 in safe mode: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...-in-safe-mode/

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Check Enable Active Scripting at Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level (near the bottom of the Settings list), or click Default Level for the Internet Zone.

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you both, but I still have the problem. I even tried to uninstall ie9 to ie8 but without success. I can't find ie9 in the windows updates. In the prograns it appears I have 2 ie9 versions, but can get rid of neither. Any suggestions? Bill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbill35 View Post
    Thank you both, but I still have the problem. I even tried to uninstall ie9 to ie8 but without success. I can't find ie9 in the windows updates. In the prograns it appears I have 2 ie9 versions, but can get rid of neither. Any suggestions? Bill
    What version of Windows are you running?
    Do you have a 64-bit version of IE?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Vista on a Toshiba laptop about 4 years old with a32-bit operating system. How do I ind out what bit my IE version is? Thanks or taking the time to elp me. bill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you have 32-bit Vista you have 32-bit IE. Can you post a picture of what you mean by having two versions of IE?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am sorry but I was wrong as I only have one IE9, but two different desktop icons which seems to have the same version. Bill

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is ActiveX filtering enabled at Tools, Safety? If so, try disabling that.

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, this didn't help. Thanks, Bill

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Could you give us some examples of sites that don't work?

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, any site on my yahoo email. Example I have a search on eBay, so I receive an emai rom eBay with several items. I click on any item and I get a new tab with a blank page. Also sites that have any link leaving the site gives me a blank page, while links inside the site are OK and a get the new page with the new material. Example, a college site on a team sport and I can bring up the roosters, players, schedules etc. Many thanks or your help. Bill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have given up on trying to repair ie9. I think my best chance at sanity is to uninstall it and revert back to ie8. In trying to do so, I discovered my version of ie9 is a Windows update (KB2761465) that does not appear in the list of installed updates. The last update envolving ie8 was installede on 4/14/11 and the next installed updates did not mention either ie8 or ie9 until 6/18/11 when a security update for ie9 appeared. I checked each update in between and none mentioned either version of ie. However their are a few ie9 security updates installed up to the current date. Should i Just uninstall these updates one at a time from the most current until it is fixed or returns to ie8? Thanks